Every guest I have ever served Green Chips has asked how I make them. It is so simple and they are delicious. In fact, they are so good, my brother, who only consumes romaine for his vegetables, will eat these chips. Surprise, they are made of kale!
2 bunches of Kale
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
a pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Wash the kale thoroughly; it is one of the buggiest vegetables around.
3. Take the leaves off the stalk.
4. Once all the leaves are broken up, season them. I like to put the olive oil in one spot and then sprinkle salt and pepper over all the leaves. Then I mix all the leaves, insuring they are all coated in oil.
5. Put them in the oven and cook the chips for 8 to 9 minutes. They are done when the edges have turned brown. They are so easy to burn, you have to keep them on a close watch.
6. Take them out of the oven and taste them. They might need a little more salt. I like my chips salty.