This sweet potato casserole serves a lot of people. It is yummy and easy to make once you have everything together.
1 recipe of beans and their juice found under blog post (Musical Fruit)
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons of salt
- Put the olive oil into a hot pot
- Add the beans, diced garlic, and 1 teaspoon of salt
- Let them cook for 2 minutes, then add half a cup of their juices and start mashing the beans. This process takes a little while, so be patient
- Continue this process until the beans are soft and tasty
- Make last seasoning adjustments and set aside
1 cup of millet
1/2 cup of carrot juice (I use homemade)
1 cup of water
1 onion diced
- Heat an oven to 350 degrees
- Saute the onions
- In another pot (ovenproof), start browning the millet
- Once the millet is browned, add the sautéed onions, carrot juice, water, and bring it to a boil
- Once the pot is boiling, put the pot in the oven for 25 minutes.
3 pounds of sweet potatoes
1/4 cup of butter
- Steam or boil the sweet potatoes until they are really soft. The softer they are, the easier they are to mash.
- Put the cooked sweet potatoes and butter into a KitchenAid and mix on medium speed until they are mashed. Add salt to your liking.
Now you are ready to assemble the dish
1. In a spring form pan, put a layer of millet, then a layer of beans. Finally, put a thick layer of savory sweet potatoes on top and it is ready to go. Enjoy with family and friends.