When I was home alone last month, I created this dish. It is now a family favorite and we make it for all occasions. It is quick to make and serves a lot of people.
1 red onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 a Serrano pepper
2 cups chick peas
Juice and zest of 2 lemons
1/4 cup parsley
1/4 cup feta cheese
1. Dice the red onion into small pieces.
2. Heat a pan. Once it is hot, add two tablespoons of olive oil.
3. When the oil is hot, add the onions.
4. Sautee the onions for five minutes on high heat, or until they are brown.
5. Once they are brown, add the crushed garlic gloves, chili, and chickpeas. I used homemade but if you are looking for a quick, easy meal, you can use canned. In that case, make sure there are no additives.
6. Once the chickpeas are heated through (you can only tell by tasting them) add the lemon zest and juice, the chopped parsley, and the feta cheese. As soon as the feta starts to melt, turn off the heat and put the chickpeas in a bowl. Add a little more feta on top and serve with warm pita or as a side to a dinner.
If you let it cool, it will make a great dip the next day.