Today I made the most amazing Raw Chocolate pudding. It came together in no time but I had most of the ingredients ready to go. It is soooo good and contains very little added sugar; it might become a staple in my house. If you don’t want to bother making it, stop by.
1 Thai coconut
1 sapote – found only at Colman farms on Wednesday and Saturday, SM farmers market.
1 cup of raw cashews
¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon of raw coco powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/8 cup of Maple Syrup or Honey
1.With a cleaver cut the coconut. I like to do this by cutting a triangle in the center. I find that the best way to crack the coconut is to hit it with the back of the cleaver. Once you have a well in the center, pour the juice into a pyrux measuring cup and cut the coconut in half. You can do this by either going straight down the middle or a more gentle approach- one side at a time with the back of the cleaver.
2. Now that the coconut is open, scoop the meat into a blender. Make such not to get any of the woody junk mixed in.
3. Now peel the sapote, cut around the seed and add it to the blender as well.
4. Add the cashews, coco powder, vanilla, and sweetener of choice.
5. Pour the strained coconut water on top. Add just enough water to cover the ingredients.
6. Blend until smooth. If you find that the pudding is too thick, add more coconut water.
7. Once the pudding is done refrigerate it for an hour or until cold. Serve it in little cups or ramekins with fresh berries.